As a holistic nutritionist, I often get asked "what do I eat?" I admit, I have my cheat days, but it's all about finding balance. I track what I eat, I'm mindful when I eat, and I'm cautious about avoiding sugar. But we all gotta live a little!
I've started to develop or try healthy alternatives to some conventional dessert treats. While I'm not a cheese cake lover, I do love chocolate. I also love avocado. I've found a great dessert that combines both loves, and doesn't make me feel guilty for eating it once in awhile. Aside from the health benefits from eating avocado (huge win!), don't all things taste better when made with love?
Here's to a healthy alternative to conventional store-bought chocolate mousse! It's a perfect Valentine's treat to make for your honey (or someone special).
Try it out and let me know your thoughts.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe
1 avocado (organic if possible)
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder (raw chocolate)
1/4 cup of unsweetend apple sauce
1/4 cup of PURE maple syrup
- cut avocado in half, remove pit, scoop out insides and put into blender
- add in 1/4 cup of raw cacao (raw chocolate)
- add 1/4 cup of unsweetend organic apple sauce
- add 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup (NOT table syrup, pure maple syrup, from a Maple tree)
- 1 tea spoon of pure vanilla extract
Blend it up, start on low.
Blend it so everything is mixed together. Less than a few minutes.
Top it off with blueberries or raspberries!